Compact plasma integration as industry standard of the future
The piezobrush® PZ3-i cold plasma unit is designed for integration into new and existing production lines and is therefore compact, safe and efficient. It is particularly well suited for the pre-treatment of processes such as bonding, printing and laminating, thus ensuring process and product quality in equal measure. Due to its uniquely compact and robust design, the piezobrush® PZ3-i can be quickly and easily integrated into production lines as well as partially to fully automated systems. In addition, comprehensive process control is possible in automated production processes, ensuring traceability. The device is also intuitive to operate and can be maintained without tools.
Fields of application
- Inkjet, marking and pad printing
- Bonding processes with epoxy, polyurethane and cyanoacrylates etc.
- Potting and dispensing technology
- Joining and assembly technology
- Laboratory and medical technology
- Packaging technology
- Microbiology, microfluid and food technology
Possible use cases
- Activation of surfaces of a wide variety of base materials
- Optimization of bonding, printing and lamination processes
- Surface treatment of plastics, glasses, ceramics, metals, composites and natural materials
- Selective improvement of the wettability of a wide variety of surfaces
- Fine cleaning of surfaces
- Alternative to chemical primers, flame treatment processes and mechanical roughening
Technical data piezobrush® PZ3-i
- Electrical connection: 24 V DC
- Power consumption: max. 18 W
- Weight: 380 g
- Design: Integration unit with gas connection
- Plasma temperature: < 50 °C
- Treatment speed:
- Finest cleaning: 1-15 mm/s
- Bonding processes: 10-150 mm/s
- Printing processes: 100-1500 mm/s
- Finest cleaning: 1-15 mm/s
- Typical treatment distance: 2 – 10 mm
- Typical treatment width: 5 – 29 mm
With an average treatment width of 5 – 29 mm (CDA), the piezobrush® PZ3-i is very well suited for the pre-treatment of adhesive grooves or for marking printing on low-energy materials. However, with other process gases such as nitrogen, even treatment widths of up to 50 mm are possible. For many applications, however, even larger treatment widths are required. Thanks to the modular design, it is very easy to string together the individual units at any time, so that even larger treatment widths can be individually adapted to the application.
Different surfaces have to be activated with the appropriate accessories to achieve an ideal result. Currently two different modules are available for the piezobrush® PZ3-i plasma handheld device. The PDD technology used to generate the cold plasma in piezobrush® PZ3-i is based on the discharge of high electric fields. Therefore, the electrical conductivity of the component to be treated is of decisive importance when choosing the modules.
Technology – Plasma handheld with Piezo Technology
In order to provide products having convincingly compact dimensions, we developed the PDD® Technology. PDD stands for piezoelectric Direct Discharge. It is based on the direct, electric discharge at an openly operated piezoelectric transformer (PT).
By means of PDD® Technology, low input voltage is transformed. This results in high electric field strengths. The ambient process gas – typically air – is dissociated and ionized.
The advantages of direct discharge control are obvious: The excitation of gas molecules is highly efficient and safe. Furthermore, the power density of the compact device is extremely high. In practice, a processing performance level is now achieved that had previously been possible only by means of considerably larger installations. Ideal for existing production lines, printing processes or gluing processes.
The piezobrush® PZ3-i is designed to focus on usability and ease of use. Thus, the piezobrush® PZ3-i does not require an elaborate infrastructure and is easy and intuitive to integrate.
At the heart of the plasma handheld is the CeraPlas plasma generator, from TDK Electronics, a direct high-voltage discharge device for plasma generation. The piezoelectric plasma generator provides a high ionization rate, an effective ozone generation rate, and multi-gas ignition at very low power consumption without static magnetic fields.
- Operation with compressed air or nitrogen
- Variable treatment widths < 50 mm possible due to modularity
- Suitable for almost all materials
- Cold-active plasma <50° degrees
- Easy integration
- Maximum operational reliability
- Optimal efficiency
- Trigger via external switching signal
- Variable exchange nozzles: for special materials and geometries
piezobrush® PZ3-i as loan unit
Would you like to test the piezobrush® PZ3-i? No problem – our piezobrush® PZ3-i is also available on loan. We will send you the piezobrush® PZ3-i for a rental fee and you can test the tool directly on your premises in your individual working environment. If the piezobrush® PZ3-i convinced you during the test phase, we will of course credit the rental fee to the purchase price. Otherwise, you can simply return the rental unit to us at the end of the test phase.